The NEON festival returns, lighting up Norfolk town center
NORFOLK, Virginia – The 6th Annual NEON Festival is taking place in Norfolk this week!
The festival will take place in the NEON (New Energy of Norfolk) district near downtown Norfolk on October 21-22.
In a statement, the Old Dominion University, co-host, said visitors are invited to explore the vibrant neighborhood and added that “over two nights, more than 50 artists, creators and performers will activate NEON, hosting exhibitions and performances throughout the neighborhood. “
Here is the list of events provided by the ODU:
- Festival kicks off at the Chrysler Museum of Art from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday.
- Live glass demonstrations at the Chrysler Museum Glass Studio and the Museum open late Thursday “Dynamic”, an exhibit that opens at the Art Center with refreshments, crafts, art for sale and a DJ Friday.
- The Plot Beer Garden and main stage entertainment for local community groups from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays.
- Public art tours led by Norfolk Tour Company on both evenings.
- New public art projects unveiled by visual arts students at the Governor’s School of the Arts.
- Pop-up art galleries in businesses and locations in NEON District.
- Programming from Teens with a Purpose, Governor’s School of the Arts, Hourray Players, WHRO, 757 Makerspace, Bhav Brigade, Tidewater Burners and more.
Click here to learn more about the events.