Senior Business Analyst at Sasfin
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the Head: Digital & Development to develop and implement optimized service models across all customer segments; and drive digital initiatives to effectively serve these segments.
The candidate should be adept at defining and creating requirements based on stakeholder feedback and insights. He/She must then manage and take ownership of the translation of requirements into user stories for use by all members of a software development team.
The objective of this position is to work closely with the business and our clients to gain an in-depth understanding of the business strategy and roadmap; process ; workflow ; and services, as well as the context in which the business operates, including the resulting customer experience.
The candidate is responsible for reviewing end-to-end assigned business processes and workflows to identify and address operational, user experience and technology related risks, and to identify opportunities for improvement efficiency.
The candidate will work alongside product managers, operations managers, customer-facing personnel, development managers, program and project managers, software architects and software developers to shape and implement is delivering the vision that will advance our digital capabilities and improve the customer experience.
The scope of this role extends to all deliverables of the strategy implementation teams.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work with business users and customers to define and redesign business processes and identify corresponding solution requirements.
- Coordinate interactions with stakeholders and help roll out new processes and solutions. This includes coordination between internal and external parties and stakeholders.
- Actively seek ways to apply technologies to business processes to achieve strategic objectives through conceptual understanding of technology and strong business knowledge and experience.
- Experience design and enhancements should be defined and user requirements documented.
- Create use cases and specifications by conducting user interviews and industry research.
- Define user acceptance test cases and manage users through the user testing process.
- Document all functional specifications.
- Work with – among others – creative, product, business and technology teams to help design solutions and create storyboards.
- Create documents, presentations, and training materials that can be used to build buy-in and launch the solution successfully.
- Maintain accurate records, development status documentation and minutes of all business decisions and assist in the prioritization of these new products, including ongoing relevant communication to all stakeholders.
- Produce high quality management information on all products implemented. Conduct post-implementation reviews and put measures in place to ensure effective realization of benefits in line with initial business objectives
- Test and validate business requirements after development
- Actively participate in problem solving and escalation
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Proven track record in leading analytics initiatives and gathering creative requirements.
- Strong process experience and understanding of business analysis methodologies.
- Proven track record of writing approaches and vision documents that clearly define client expectations.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple forms to various stakeholders
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and report writing.
- Strong business acumen and experience, with 5+ years in the financial services industry, with specific experience in wealth management beneficial.
- Experience in defining test cases as well as defining functional specifications.
- Be process-oriented with attention to detail.
- Have a relevant degree and/or certification.
- Possess research, analytical, project management, problem solving and presentation skills
- Work effectively alone and as part of a team, with the ability to meaningfully engage and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to engage senior stakeholders, drive projects across multiple stakeholder groups.
Tied to market, based on total cost to business
Interested candidates can send their CV to [email protected] [URL Removed] no later than March 18, 2022.
*Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received a response within two weeks of submission.
- business analyst
- Financial services
Desired work experience:
- 1 to 2 years Bank
- 2 to 5 years Business Analysis
Desired level of qualification:
About the employer:
Sasfin Wealth has been providing trusted advice and wealth management solutions to respected families and valued organizations for over 125 years.
Our belief in the value of strong relationships is what has seduced our clients since the early days of our founding. The commitment we provide to our clients has thus secured our reputation as an award-winning and leading private client portfolio management and securities brokerage firm in South Africa.
As an independent and innovative financial services provider, we design bespoke and model investment solutions and provide a range of advisory solutions that meet the unique needs of private clients and institutional investors.
Employer and Benefits:
- Pension funds
- medical aid
- Performance Bonuses
Find out more/Apply to this position