Intermediate Interior Designer – Los Angeles, CA, US | Works
Studio AR&D Architects is an architectural firm based in Los Angeles and Palm Springs that offers a creative and collaborative work environment with a growing portfolio of work.
We are a small company that offers the opportunity for all team members to touch on all aspects of each project, from concept to construction. Projects include high-end residential, hotel | hospitality, interior design and landscape. We are expanding to include interior design services, so we are in the process of creating an interior design department and are looking for a lead designer to lead this department.
Currently we are looking for a Interior decorator with a minimum of 5 years of post-baccalaureate experience in interior design. Job duties include carrying a project from design to completion and using Revit to convert designs, sketches, ideas, and descriptions into technical drawings. The successful candidate will benefit from a dynamic work environment and challenging project tasks and responsibilities. Applicants should have strong technical skills and be willing and able to travel.
- Work with a group of interior designers and architects to complete all aspects of the projects from concept to construction documentation, purchasing and installation
- Develop design concepts, solutions and presentations for residential interiors based on the direction given by senior and intermediate designers and architects
- Contribute to programming and space planning for various spaces
- Search for architectural finishing materials based on functional and design criteria
- Prepare presentations, including drawings, renderings and concept work
- Develop schedules for architectural finishing, plumbing and appliances and interior details
- Source furniture and specifications
- Assist in custom furniture design and detailed drawings for manufacturing
- Possess a solid knowledge of interior code requirements and building systems
- Maintain the material library, order samples, organize materials, etc.
- Must have Revit experience with carpentry and cabinet design
- Help order furniture, supervise storage of furniture upon arrival and coordinate and supervise installation
- Be flexible and willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Have excellent time management, be efficient with multitasking and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Seize the opportunity to work in an open office environment
- Have an interest and appreciation for the arts and crafts of modern design
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of CAD and Sketchup
Education and experience
- Minimum 4-year diploma in interior design
- Minimum of five years of experience working with an architecture or interior design firm
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational and time management skills
- Concise and personalized verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of furniture, fixtures, equipment, materials and building finishing products suitable for residential projects
- Experience with design details and documentation
- High-end and unique art and furniture research experience
What do we offer?
A creative and practical working environment with passionate, creative colleagues who continually strive to innovate and improve.
Studio AR&D values ââemployee growth and will cover the cost of all ARE exams passed since the hire date. Other benefits include health insurance, 401k match, paid vacation, paid time off, and 7 days paid time off.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. All applicants must already have a long-term work permit.
To apply for this position, please include the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Portfolio (PDF format)
4. Send all of the above by email to: [email protected]
Notes: – All documents should be formatted for easy printing in PDF format – Keep attachments under 3MB – Please include all of the above and send by email.
Please, no phone calls or third parties. Please do not send links to websites or online CVs, photos or video presentations. Competitive salary based on relevant experience and abilities.